How do you Sync a Smart Phone to Bluetooth?
Many new Infiniti and Nissan vehicles come with built-in Bluetooth connectivity. This is a great service, but you will need to properly pair your compatible Bluetooth device to take full advantage of it.
Your hands-free system is usually accessible from steering-wheel mounted controls that will allow you to access a voice recognition menu to do things like answer incoming calls and make outgoing calls through your phonebook.
Below are some of the basic steps for pairing your Bluetooth device (steps will vary from model to model). If you have any questions or need further information, feel free to contact Vernon Nissan and we would be happy to guide you through the process.
How to Pair Your Phone
- To access the Bluetooth voice recognition menu in your vehicle, press the steering-wheel-mounted control. Voice prompts will guide you through the process.
- Ensure that the Bluetooth is turned on in your smart phone or other compatible device. If your phone is currently synced to anther system, you will have to disconnect from it.
- On your phone’s Bluetooth settings menu, your vehicle’s Bluetooth system should come up as a pairing option. Select it, and continue to follow your vehicle’s voice prompts.
- Once your phone is connected, it will be listed by your vehicle’s hands-free system.
- Your Nissan can support a number of paired devices, however only one can be connected at the same time. You can use the “Select Phone” voice command to switch devices.